To all.. Sorry it has been a bit since my last update but it has been crazy on this end.
So 28 June – 2 July I was in Colorado for a family issue. I drove back on the 2nd with 1200 lineal feet of 1/2 inch tongue and groove Blue Beetle Pine (the same wood that my lofts are made out of). That was an interesting trip with 8, 10 and 12 feet boards sticking out of my truck. I was able to get back on the Tiny Home on the 3rd. I had ordered some spa/hottub stairs that came in while I was gone. I put them together and they do a good job. I chose them because they are sturdy, weather is not an issue and they have grips that will not only help in wet weather but also help in cleaning off my shoes when I go to enter the house. That night I also built a ladder for my loft (finished it at 2200) for an open house at the Hildreth, NE 4th of July festivities. I had about 50 people tour the house within about 2 hours and was also able to raise about $150.00 for the Wounded Warrior Project. It was a good day and the comments from the visitors were very positive. Some people had heard and seen Tiny Homes on TV and others no idea what a Tiny Home was. It was fun!
Then on the 5th is was back to Colorado until the 9th so nothing happened on Tiny Home. The 10th was playing catchup with this and that and then it was back into the Tiny Home. The 10th and 11th were mostly sealing the 1200 lineal feet of Blue Beetle. It was also the start of sealing the outside of the house. Because I do not have access to a power lift anymore I had to get creative on how to get up high. So most of the work was done with me standing on the roof and bed cover of my truck. It worked but not the smartest idea I have ever had. (No comments from the peanut gallery!) The sealing was not a stain but it did darken the cedar siding a bit. I am waiting to see what the final color is when the sealant cures. It takes about 7-10 days. Additionally, I was able to seal the Blue Beetle pine in the lofts, this will give them a bit more protection for wear and tear.
My mother has volunteered to build my main bookshelf/desk. This has taken some significant planning for the two of us so that has been going on over the last few days also. On my end now that the sealing was complete it was time to start the interior walls. The first wall to go up was a piece of stained birch (using the same stain throughout the house, Minwax Early American). This piece will be behind the refrigerator between the bathroom wall and the window in the living room.
Today I started on the Blue Beetle pine wall from the entrance wall up to the Birch board. This is on the side of the house where my desk will be and a TV will be on the wall. This Blue Beetle pine is beautiful but it does take quite a bit of puzzle putting together to ensure that I am not wasting any or the least amount.
Here are the pictures to back much of what I have discussed above.